Green Industry Park and Blooming Industrial Areas
The largest industrial area in Freiburg North uses a lot of electricity and emits 1/10 of the climate-damaging carbon dioxide in Freiburg. In order to counteract the high emissions, very different players came together to bring the Green Industry Park to life with the local companies.
In addition, the industrial area is a climatic hot spot in the city in summer due to extensive surface sealing and a lack of vegetation. To initiate a change in this context was the idea of the project “Blooming Industrial Areas”. As part of the project, trainees of different companies have set colorful exclamation marks for biodiversity and the well-being of employees.
The following important questions are answered:
- Why are huge parking lots and large rooftops a problem for the local climate and how can it be solved?
- What are the advantages of flowering meadows? Why should they never be mowed all at once?
- What measures can be taken to reduce the negative effects of car traffic in industrial areas?
- How can existing industrial areas be transformed into Green Industry Parks?
- Why is it so important to involve employees in this transformation process?
Synchronous and asynchronous program elements:
- Power point presentation
- Project film “Blossoming Industrial Areas”
- Role playing game
The online unit can be carried out as a complete unit, but it can also be booked as part of a Greencity seminar.