Sustainable business – Cradle to Cradle
As consumers, we are all important actors who keep an economy going that is based on the exploitation of natural resources. We buy food wrapped in plastic containers that outlive the actual product for centuries. We live in facilities whose components make us sick through outgassing substances. Since the late 1990s, a counter-movement has developed with the philosophy of a circular economy, which thinks from cradle to cradle in cycles.
With the following, future-proof examples, first approaches for a sustainable economic system in the Greencity Freiburg are presented and discussed:
- Most environmentally friendly hotel in the world
- Unpackaged shop with regional products
- Fair jeans production and marketing
Synchronous and asynchronous program elements:
- Use of video clips
- Preparatory literature with comprehension questions
- Presentation of self-researched C2C-products
The online module can be carried out in two consecutive dates, but it can also be booked as part of a Greencity seminar.