360° Rally: interactive – concrete – dynamic!
The Freiburg district of Vauban is an outstanding example of sustainable urban development. It was built on a former barracks site of the French army and is now an attractive, family-friendly district for 5,500 residents.
During this online rally, students will discover the main aspects of an eco-district: citizen participation, architecture, energy, mobility, green space planning, sustainable economy, social concept and climate change adaptation measures.
Among others, the following questions are addressed:
- How were citizens able to participate in the design of the neighborhood?
- What are the concepts behind the very low car density in the district?
- Why can children play in the streets?
- What innovative forms of housing have been realized in Vauban?
- According to which energy standards were the buildings constructed?
- What climate change adaptation measures have been implemented in this district?
With our new virtual tour, students can discover and experience this sustainable neighbourhood regardless of where they are, at home in front of their own computer or as a school class together in the classroom. The virtual tour via Zoom (or other online meeting tool) combines different media and can be individually tailored to your needs and time budget.
The elements of this online rally are:
- An introduction, in the form of a PPT presentation, held live by our speaker. We also explain how the rally works. Duration: 45 minutes
- The interactive rally: students explore the district by themselves through various 360° panoramic photos and answer questions in small thematic groups or alone. Duration: 1h30
- The answers are then pooled, discussed and deepened in a final PPT show – moderated and hosted by Innovation Academy. Duration: 1h30
The rally and its questions, as well as the pooling of results, transform participants into active explorers. From the very first minute of our online sessions, participants are invited to contribute in various ways.
The tour can be used as a teaching element in subjects such as geography, social studies, ethics, French, English and German as a foreign language or in interdisciplinary classes.
Group price: 320, -€ (for a class up to 30 students).